KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Frank Williams scored 16 points Thursday night and Martez Harrison added 14 as Missouri-Kansas City beat Seattle University 82-73.
The win guarantees the Kangaroos (10-18, 7-8 Western Athletic Conference) at least a No. 4 seed in the WAC tournament March 13-15 in Las Vegas.
Seattle U led 31-29 at halftime. Missouri-Kansas City pulled ahead by as many as eight points in the second half.
Seattle U cut its deficit to three points on a trey by Jarell Flora with 22 seconds to play, but Missouri-Kansas City’s John Burke iced the win with a dunk.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories
Flora led the Redhawks (13-15, 5-10) with 19 points and Emmanuel Chibuoqwu added 12.
Calli White hit the winning shot with five seconds left in overtime as Missouri-Kansas City edged host Seattle U 73-71.
Wilma Afunugo paced the Redhawks (13-15, 8-7 WAC) with 15 points. Kaylee Best had 14 points and Sylvia Shephard contributed 12 points, 10 rebounds and five assists.
Eilise O’Connor paced the Kangaroos (11-17, 7-8) with 24 points. Kim Nezianya had 21 points and 11 rebounds.
Sports information contributed to this report.