The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in...
LAS VEGAS — The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in one semifinal Friday.
The Vandals will face Seattle University at noon Saturday in the final.
Idaho (16-15) took control with a 22-5 run in the second half, but Utah State battled back behind Devyn Christensen’s 37 points, tying it at 82 with 11 seconds remaining.
Idaho’s Addie Schivo then hit two free throws with 3.5 seconds left for the final lead.
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
- Gun violence: Don’t fear gun laws; let gun-owners help pay to fix the problem
- Injured Evergreen football player dies at Harborview
Most Read Stories
Stacy Barr led Idaho with a career-high 26 points.
Alyssa Charlston of Eastlake High School had 12 points and Ali Forde of Woodinville High School added 10 points and 14 rebounds for the Vandals.
From sports-information reports.