The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in...
LAS VEGAS — The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in one semifinal Friday.
The Vandals will face Seattle University at noon Saturday in the final.
Idaho (16-15) took control with a 22-5 run in the second half, but Utah State battled back behind Devyn Christensen’s 37 points, tying it at 82 with 11 seconds remaining.
Idaho’s Addie Schivo then hit two free throws with 3.5 seconds left for the final lead.
- State Supreme Court: Charter schools are unconstitutional
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seahawks' 53-man roster projection: The Final One
- Seahawks agree to deal with veteran RB Fred Jackson, waive Robert Turbin
- Rookies again are impressive as Seattle beats Oakland 31-21 to end exhibition season
Most Read Stories
Stacy Barr led Idaho with a career-high 26 points.
Alyssa Charlston of Eastlake High School had 12 points and Ali Forde of Woodinville High School added 10 points and 14 rebounds for the Vandals.
From sports-information reports.