The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in...
LAS VEGAS — The Idaho Vandals reached their first Western Athletic Conference tournament championship game after an 84-82 victory over Utah State in one semifinal Friday.
The Vandals will face Seattle University at noon Saturday in the final.
Idaho (16-15) took control with a 22-5 run in the second half, but Utah State battled back behind Devyn Christensen’s 37 points, tying it at 82 with 11 seconds remaining.
Idaho’s Addie Schivo then hit two free throws with 3.5 seconds left for the final lead.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him
Most Read Stories
Stacy Barr led Idaho with a career-high 26 points.
Alyssa Charlston of Eastlake High School had 12 points and Ali Forde of Woodinville High School added 10 points and 14 rebounds for the Vandals.
From sports-information reports.