MOSCOW, Idaho — Idaho clinched the Western Athletic Conference regular-season women’s basketball championship with a 60-57 victory over Seattle University, the defending regular-season champ.
The Vandals (20-8, 13-1) had to work much harder for the win than it did in a 77-59 victory at Seattle U (13-4, 8-6) last month.
The Redhawks led 31-27 at halftime and for much of the second-half, but Stacey Barr’s three-point play with 34 seconds remaining gave Idaho a 59-57 lead. Christina Salvatore added a free throw with 19 seconds left and Seattle U came up empty on its chance to tie the score.
Seattle U’s Alexis Montgomery led all players with a career-high 16 points. Teammate Kacie Sowell recorded her 11th double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- Amid drought, Rattlesnake Lake reveals its roots
- Probe of 777 engine’s explosive failure pinpoints its origin
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list
- Seattle-area teen loved football, says grieving father
- SEC adds millions to developer’s alleged fraud in Seattle
Most Read Stories
Barr led Idaho with 14 points.