MOSCOW, Idaho — Idaho clinched the Western Athletic Conference regular-season women’s basketball championship with a 60-57 victory over Seattle University, the defending regular-season champ.
The Vandals (20-8, 13-1) had to work much harder for the win than it did in a 77-59 victory at Seattle U (13-4, 8-6) last month.
The Redhawks led 31-27 at halftime and for much of the second-half, but Stacey Barr’s three-point play with 34 seconds remaining gave Idaho a 59-57 lead. Christina Salvatore added a free throw with 19 seconds left and Seattle U came up empty on its chance to tie the score.
Seattle U’s Alexis Montgomery led all players with a career-high 16 points. Teammate Kacie Sowell recorded her 11th double-double of the season with 12 points and 11 rebounds.
- WWU cancels classes after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks bringing back RB Bryce Brown, adding depth with Marshawn Lynch's situation uncertain
- Like teammate Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks rookie Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seattle Seahawks Tuesday ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched? And more
- Turkey shoots down Russian jet it says violated its airspace
Most Read Stories
Barr led Idaho with 14 points.