Nicole Nesbit scored 24 points as host UC Santa Barbara rallied past the Seattle University women’s basketball team for a 78-75 victory Saturday.
It was the final nonconference game for Seattle U (5-8). The Redhawks built a 49-34 lead at halftime but couldn’t sustain it, shooting just 28.6 percent in the second half.
Kacie Sowell scored 23 points for Seattle U. Sylvia Shephard had 16 points, 14 rebounds and nine assists. Ashley Ward chipped in with 11 points.
Melissa Zornig scored 19 points for Santa Barbara (5-7), and Destini Mason had 12.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Seattle U’s last lead was 68-67 with 4:42 remaining. Mi’Chael Wright put the Gauchos ahead for good 69-68 with 4:25 left.
Santa Barbara went on a 5-0 run over the next two minutes to secure the victory.
Seattle University opens its conference schedule at Chicago State on Thursday.