PHOENIX — Jerome Garrison scored 24 points and Daniel Alexander added 16 as Grand Canyon defeated Seattle U 71-63 on Saturday night.
Grand Canyon (9-10, 4-2 Western Athletic Conference) scored 13 straight points in the first half to take a 30-17 lead.
The Antelopes led 45-28 with just more than 15 minutes to play, but Seattle scored 11 straight points to cut its deficit to 45-39. However, Seattle U (9-10, 1-5) never got closer than four points the rest of the way, losing its third straight and seventh out of its past eight.
“We are going through a tough stretch right now, but I know we have no quit in us,” Seattle U coach Cameron Dollar said.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
Most Read Stories
Seattle shot just 34.4 percent from the field and was only 15 of 27 on free throws. William Powell was the Redhawks’ leading scorer with nine points.
Killian Larson scored 10 points and grabbed 14 rebounds for the Antelopes.
Sports information contributed to this report.