CHICAGO — Kacie Sowell had 23 points and nine rebounds to lead the Seattle University women’s basketball team to an 85-58 victory over Chicago State on Thursday night in its Western Athletic Conference opener.
Seattle University took much of the suspense away in the first half and led 44-22 at halftime.
“It was a good way to start the conference season,” said Seattle U coach Joan Bonvicini.
Taelor Ross and Sylvia Shepard each scored 12 for the Redhawks (6-8), who shot a remarkable 65.2 percent from the field (32 of 65). They were 5 of 10 from three-point range.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
Most Read Stories
Tierra Williams had 15 points and five rebounds for Chicago State (2-11).
SU continues WAC play on Saturday when it plays at Missouri-Kansas City.