BELLEVUE — Skyler Genger blanked fifth-ranked Washington (27-9-1) for 71
3 innings as Seattle U (18-18) won 1-0 in a nonconference baseball game Tuesday at Bannerwood Park.
The game’s only run scored on a passed ball in the fifth inning.
In other baseball, visiting Gonzaga (16-23) defeated Washington State 7-2 as Payden Cawley Lamb and Sam Browndrove home two runs each. The Cougars fell to 17-20.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
• Emma Stach, a 5-9 guard who is averaging 17.4 points a game in the second division of Germany’s Women’s National Bundesliga League, has signed a basketball letter-of-intent to attend Gonzaga.
• Western Washington failed to win the GNAC men’s golf championship for the first time in seven years, losing a four-stroke lead on the final day on the 6,803-yard Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course, losing by five strokes to champion Northwest Nazarene. Kevin Vigna of third-place Simon Fraser took medalist honors at even-par 213.
From sports-information reports.