BELLEVUE — Skyler Genger blanked fifth-ranked Washington (27-9-1) for 71
3 innings as Seattle U (18-18) won 1-0 in a nonconference baseball game Tuesday at Bannerwood Park.
The game’s only run scored on a passed ball in the fifth inning.
In other baseball, visiting Gonzaga (16-23) defeated Washington State 7-2 as Payden Cawley Lamb and Sam Browndrove home two runs each. The Cougars fell to 17-20.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, conduct sit-ins in downtown Seattle
- Apple Cup Game Center: UW Huskies dominate No. 20 Cougars, shut down WSU's offense in Seattle
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin help UW Huskies rout WSU Cougars in Apple Cup
- With Luke Falk out, Peyton Bender will start at quarterback for WSU Cougars vs UW Huskies in Apple Cup
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012
Most Read Stories
• Emma Stach, a 5-9 guard who is averaging 17.4 points a game in the second division of Germany’s Women’s National Bundesliga League, has signed a basketball letter-of-intent to attend Gonzaga.
• Western Washington failed to win the GNAC men’s golf championship for the first time in seven years, losing a four-stroke lead on the final day on the 6,803-yard Coeur d’Alene Resort Golf Course, losing by five strokes to champion Northwest Nazarene. Kevin Vigna of third-place Simon Fraser took medalist honors at even-par 213.
From sports-information reports.