Roberts Lipsbergs scored the only shootout goal as the Seattle Thunderbirds earned a 5-4 victory over the Tri-City Americans before 3,240 at ShoWare Center in Kent on Friday night.
In regulation, Branden Troock, Connor Honey and Alex Delnov each had a goal and an assist and Seth Swenson scored for the T-birds.
The Americans missed five shootout attempts and the T-birds four before Lipsbergs won the game.
Everett 4, at Vancouver 1
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
Daniel Cotton saved 25 of 26 shots as the Silvertips rolled past the Giants.
Everett got goals from Manraj Hayer, Josh Winquist, Carson Stadnyk and Kohl Bauml. Mirco Mueller had two assists for the Silvertips (2-0-0).
Anthony Ast scored for Vancouver.