Roberts Lipsbergs scored the only shootout goal as the Seattle Thunderbirds earned a 5-4 victory over the Tri-City Americans before 3,240 at ShoWare Center in Kent on Friday night.
In regulation, Branden Troock, Connor Honey and Alex Delnov each had a goal and an assist and Seth Swenson scored for the T-birds.
The Americans missed five shootout attempts and the T-birds four before Lipsbergs won the game.
Everett 4, at Vancouver 1
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- McMorris Rodgers should ask hometown folks about Obamacare
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Seattle congestion: We're No. 5
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
Most Read Stories
Daniel Cotton saved 25 of 26 shots as the Silvertips rolled past the Giants.
Everett got goals from Manraj Hayer, Josh Winquist, Carson Stadnyk and Kohl Bauml. Mirco Mueller had two assists for the Silvertips (2-0-0).
Anthony Ast scored for Vancouver.