Three months into their debut season, the Seattle Reign FC women’s soccer club finally posted its first win.
Seattle (1-9-2) knocked off the Boston Breakers, 2-1, on Wednesday night at Dilboy Stadium in Somerville, Mass.
The Breakers (3-5-3) scored in the 51st minute with Mariha Nogueira netting her first goal of the season for a 1-0 advantage.
Reign FC would battle back, though.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
Most Read Stories
Jessica Fishlock leveled the score in the 78th minute with a goal. Then midfielder Christine Nairn made history, scoring the team’s first game-winning goal, in the 86th minute. Liz Bogus got the assist.
Star goalkeeper Hope Solo had six saves for Seattle.
The Reign returns home for a game against the Chicago Red Stars at 8 p.m. on Saturday at Starfire Sports Complex in Tukwila.
From a Web report