Seahawks' Two-Minute Drill
Players of the game
• Seattle running back Marshawn Lynch rushed for 132 yards and atoned for a third-quarter fumble at the Washington 2 by scoring the winning touchdown on a 27-yard run with 7:08 left.
• Seahawks tight end Zach Miller caught four passes for 48 yards. Two of his receptions resulted in third-down conversions when Seattle needed 10 or more yards.
Play of the game
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Holiday and Independence Bowls are potential destinations for UW and WSU
Most Read Stories
Russell Wilson was carrying out his fake on the fourth-quarter option run, but he ended up leading the way for Lynch on the TD run that completed Seattle’s comeback. Wilson’s downfield block of cornerback Josh Wilson — a former Seahawk — allowed Lynch to score.
Seattle faced third-and-10 at its 46 with 8:53 left, trailing 14-13. Wilson proved both elusive and patient. He escaped Washington’s pass rush and then waited for Miller to separate from his defender for a 22-yard gain. Seattle scored the winning touchdown three plays later.
• Washington scored the first time it had the ball, driving 80 yards on nine plays. Evan Royster’s 4-yard touchdown catch gave Washington a 7-0 lead and marked only the fourth game this season the Seahawks didn’t score first.
• Seattle allowed an opponent to score on its first possession for only the fourth time this season. Washington scored a touchdown on its next possession, too. It’s the only time this season Seattle allowed an opponent to score on its first two drives.
• The Seahawks gave up 61 yards rushing in the first quarter, but just 43 in the final three periods.
By the numbers
24 Consecutive points scored by Seattle.
14 First-quarter points Seattle allowed in its final six regular-season games.
14 Points Seattle gave up in the first 13 minutes Sunday.
11 Sacks of Wilson in the past two games.
8 Sacks of Wilson allowed in five previous games before the regular-season finale last week against St. Louis.
Seattle: DE Chris Clemons suffered a knee injury in the third quarter and did not return. He will undergo further tests in Seattle. K Steven Hauschka suffered a strained calf, but returned.
Washington: QB Robert Griffin III left with 6:19 to go after gruesomely twisting his right knee. G Kory Lichtensteiger left the game with an ankle injury in the first quarter. WR Pierre Garcon suffered a shoulder injury in the third quarter.
“It ain’t about how you start, it’s about how you finish and we’ve been saying that forever and they know that, and it was really exciting to be able to say, ‘Look how clear that illustration is here.’ “
— Seattle coach Pete Carroll.