Kickoff temperature in East Rutherford, N.J., should be in the low 40s with winds at 5 mph. The chance of precipitation during the game is 20 percent. By the end of the game, temperatures are expected to dip into the 30s.
ON THIS DATE
Feb. 2: This is the first Super Bowl that will be played on Feb. 2. The earliest was played on Jan. 9 (1977), the latest on Feb. 7 (2010).
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
WHAT THEY’RE SAYING
Paul Klee of the Colorado Springs Gazette, anticipating a Broncos victory:
Sorry for the rain. Sorry about Soundgarden’s breakup. Sorry about A-Rod. (Though it looks like you dodged one there.) Sorry we drink your Starbucks.
Sorry about the Sonics. No, really. And sorry for what the Nuggets did to George Karl’s Sonics.
Mostly, and we mean this, sorry for your sports history. You deserve better. Your beauty is matched only by your taste in music.
One more, Seattle: Sorry, but Peyton Manning and the Broncos are going to beat the Seahawks in Super Bowl XLVIII on Sunday. Consider these our condolences.
The Broncos weren’t simply the best team of this NFL season; they were the best team last season, too. The Ravens ruined it.
The Seahawks won’t. …
The Seahawks defense is good, the best in the game. The Broncos offense is historic, the best ever. There’s a difference.
Sorry, Seattle. …
The NFL’s best team doesn’t always win. In fact, it rarely wins. Of the 26 previous No. 1 seeds in the playoffs, two won the Super Bowl.
This time, it will.
Broncos 31, Seahawks 17.
A COLD REALITY