The Times will pass along a few Seahawks stats, notes and observations from ProFootballFocus.com each week.
0 Wondering how Bruce Irvin did in his most extended action at his new position of strongside linebacker? PFF notes that against the Raiders last week, Irvin dropped into coverage 11 times on 27 snaps against the pass, but did not have a pass thrown his way.
1, 3 If it looked like Stephen Williams and Jermaine Kearse had good exhibition seasons, PFF agrees. They gave Williams the highest grade for any NFL receiver, and Kearse the third-highest. And the Seahawks receivers did it in fairly minimal action, with Williams playing on 58 snaps and Kearse 52.
16, 11, 10 Did Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson make use of the entire field during his four exhibition outings? PFF’s stats show that he did, as he attempted 16 passes over the middle, 11 to the right and 10 to the left.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
22 for 22 PFF’s stats show that linebacker Allen Bradford did not miss a tackle during the exhibition season, leading the Seahawks with 22 tackles, 16 solo. He also covered well in the finale against the Raiders, allowing two catches on three targets but for only 11 yards, knocking away one pass.