Earthquake trackers are ready for the Seahawks' re-match with New Orleans on Saturday at CenturyLink Field -- one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.
Earthquake trackers are ready for the Seahawks’ re-match with New Orleans on Saturday at CenturyLink Field — one of the loudest stadiums in the NFL.
Pacific Northwest Seismic Network’s Bill Steele told KIRO-FM (http://bit.ly/1ks8AUN ) that it has installed two more seismometers for the game — one on CenturyLink Field and one in the stands.
Cheers from the field after a Marshawn Lynch touchdown three years ago against the Saints registered on a seismometer in Seattle and became known as the “beast mode” quake.
Steele says scientists hope to learn how seismic waves travel through the area, but he admits it’s as much about fun as science.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Information from: KIRO-FM, http://mynorthwest.com/