DAVIE, Fla. – Jonathan Martin’s season officially ended Saturday when the Miami Dolphins put the offensive tackle on the reserve/non-football illness list, freeing his roster spot so safety D.J. Campbell could be promoted from the team’s practice squad.
The move was not shocking. Martin, 24, left the Dolphins on Oct. 28, the start of what became an explosive probe into allegations a culture of bullying was around the team and inside its locker room.
Offensive lineman Richie Incognito was suspended Nov. 3 for his alleged role in the turmoil. Media reports Friday said the Dolphins and Incognito agreed to extend his suspension past the four-week window typically allowed by league rule, and that Incognito would resume getting paid.
Broncos’ Wolfe is hospitalized
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – Broncos defensive end Derek Wolfe was alert and recovering at a Denver hospital after suffering seizure-like symptoms when the team’s bus reached the airport Friday for a flight to Kansas City.
Wolfe won’t play for Denver (9-2) in Sunday’s AFC West showdown against the Chiefs (9-2).
Team doctors began treating Wolfe on the bus, then summoned an ambulance to take him to a hospital, where the second-year pro from the University of Cincinnati underwent tests Friday night and Saturday.
It was determined Wolfe, 23, didn’t suffer a stroke or a full-blown seizure.
But team officials didn’t specify the exact cause of his symptoms, saying only that he was doing better Saturday evening and that he was alert and communicating with others.
It is not known when Wolfe will be released from the hospital or when he will be cleared to resume playing football.
• Pittsburgh placed center Fernando Velasco, 28, on injured reserve with a season-ending Achilles tendon injury suffered in Thursday’s 22-20 loss in Baltimore.