The most anticipated regular-season schedule in Seahawks’ history will be announced Wednesday at 5 p.m. PDT on the NFL Network and NFL.com, along with the rest of the NFL schedule. Opponents have already been set, but the league will now announce dates and game times.
Especially intriguing is who the Seahawks will open against Thursday, Sept. 4, when they host the NFL’s kickoff game, an annual rite for defending Super Bowl champions. Logical possibilities are Denver, the team Seattle beat 43-8 in the Super Bowl, San Francisco or Green Bay. All are teams slated to play at CenturyLink in 2014.
Other home games for Seattle in 2014: St. Louis, Arizona, Dallas, New York Giants and Oakland. Seattle’s road games: St. Louis, San Francisco, Arizona, Philadelphia, Washington, Kansas City, Carolina, San Diego.
Meanwhile, the Seahawks’ preseason schedule was finalized, starting with a matchup at Denver.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
The Seahawks open their 2014 preseason schedule against their Super Bowl XLV III opponent Thursday, Aug. 7 at 6 p.m. PDT in Denver. Seattle then plays two home games at CenturyLink Field, facing San Diego (Aug. 15, 7 p.m.) and Chicago (Aug. 22, 7 p.m.) before closing preseason in Oakland (Aug. 28, 7 p.m.).
The Seahawks have won nine straight preseason games dating to 2011.
Bob Condotta: 206-515-5699 or firstname.lastname@example.org. On Twitter @bcondotta.