Seattle’s official injury list, though, listed Browner as a nonparticipant for Thursday’s practice, as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury suffered last week that held him out of the Carolina game. Not practicing Thursday doesn’t mean Browner won’t play against the 49ers on Sunday, though, as the team will practice again on Friday.
Also out Thursday was defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, listed as out with a groin injury, an ailment he has had for a few weeks, though he recovered well enough to start at Carolina.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- 100 drug arrests kick off new push against downtown crime
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
Avril, battling a hamstring injury, was close to returning last week and said this week he was optimistic he would make his Seattle debut against the 49ers.
Clemons is coming back from a knee injury suffered in the playoff win over Washington, and this week marks his most significant practice time. Still, Carroll said Wednesday they would need to monitor how Clemons progresses before deciding if he can play.
Listed as having limited participation in practice was DT Brandon Mebane (ankle).
• The Seahawks did more practice-squad shuffling, releasing WR Tyrone Walker and LB Ty Powell and re-signing DT Michael Brooks and OL Jared Smith.
• Allen Bradford, who made the Seattle opening-day roster as a middle linebacker, was claimed by the New York Giants.
Bob Condotta: 206-515-5699 or email@example.com. On Twitter @bcondotta