Seattle’s official injury list, though, listed Browner as a nonparticipant for Thursday’s practice, as he continues to recover from a hamstring injury suffered last week that held him out of the Carolina game. Not practicing Thursday doesn’t mean Browner won’t play against the 49ers on Sunday, though, as the team will practice again on Friday.
Also out Thursday was defensive tackle Tony McDaniel, listed as out with a groin injury, an ailment he has had for a few weeks, though he recovered well enough to start at Carolina.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
Most Read Stories
Avril, battling a hamstring injury, was close to returning last week and said this week he was optimistic he would make his Seattle debut against the 49ers.
Clemons is coming back from a knee injury suffered in the playoff win over Washington, and this week marks his most significant practice time. Still, Carroll said Wednesday they would need to monitor how Clemons progresses before deciding if he can play.
Listed as having limited participation in practice was DT Brandon Mebane (ankle).
• The Seahawks did more practice-squad shuffling, releasing WR Tyrone Walker and LB Ty Powell and re-signing DT Michael Brooks and OL Jared Smith.
• Allen Bradford, who made the Seattle opening-day roster as a middle linebacker, was claimed by the New York Giants.
Bob Condotta: 206-515-5699 or email@example.com. On Twitter @bcondotta