Timeline for return by Seattle's left tackle is uncertain.
RENTON — Seahawks left tackle Walter Jones underwent surgery on his left knee this morning.
Doctors removed loose bodies as well as scar tissue from the procedure Jones underwent eight months ago that ended his 2008 season.
The timeline for Jones’ return is uncertain. His status will be assessed in about two weeks, according to a team spokesman.
Jones has played 12 years for the Seahawks. He missed the final four games last season because of the injury to his knee, the first time he missed a game because of injury since his rookie season of 1997.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Sean Locklear will take Jones’ place at left tackle until he returns.
Danny O’Neil: 206-464-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org