The Seahawks on Sunday waived safety Jordan Simone, a graduate of Skyline High, and signed free agent offensive lineman Darrell Brown.
The Seahawks on Sunday waived rookie safety Jordan Simone and signed offensive lineman Darrell Brown to take his place on the 90-man roster.
Simone, a graduate of Skyline High, was signed by the Seahawks in May after taking part as a tryout in the team’s rookie mini-camp.
The Seahawks suddenly have some depth issues at tackle with right tackle Germain Ifedi having missed the last three practices after being punched by Frank Clark, and backup Robert Myers also having been limited the past couple days.
Most Read Stories
- 'It's bigger than sports:' Why the Seahawks decided to stay in the locker room during Sunday's anthem WATCH
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it with win at Colorado | Larry Stone
- Analysis: Three things we learned from the Seahawks' 33-27 loss to the Tennessee Titans
- No more flying with reindeer: Unique Alaska planes to retire VIEW
Simone had been playing strong safety working behind Kam Chancellor, Delano Hill and Bradley McDougald (McDougald has worked as a backup at both safety spots).
Brown had a rookie mini-camp stint with the Jets.
The signing of Brown gives the Seahawks 13 offensive linemen on their roster who are active with another, rookie tackle Justin Senior, on the Physically Unable to Perform list.