Players of the Game • Russell Wilson became the first NFL player to have three rushing touchdowns and one passing touchdown in the...
Players of the Game
• Russell Wilson became the first NFL player to have three rushing touchdowns and one passing touchdown in the same half. He ran for a season-high 92 yards on nine carries.
• Running back Marshawn Lynch gained 113 yards on 10 carries, scoring on a 13-yard run in the third quarter. He has 28 rushing touchdowns since being traded to Seattle. Buffalo has rushed for 27 touchdowns as a team since he left.
Play of the game
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Navy stealthily targets Hood Canal development
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
Most Read Stories
Earl Thomas’ third-quarter interception was impressive enough, diving to get his hands underneath the ball before it hit the ground. What happened next was even more incredible as he got to his feet for a winding 57-yard return in which he seemed to run the width of the field twice. It was Thomas’ first regular-season touchdown as a Seahawk.
The Bills received the kickoff to open the second half and had gained a first down when Ryan Fitzpatrick tried to get the ball to tight end Scott Chandler. The Bills quarterback didn’t see K.J. Wright dropping into coverage, though, and Wright grabbed the interception, the first of three turnovers the Seahawks forced in the first 10 minutes of the second half.
• Russell Wilson had not rushed for a touchdown in any of Seattle’s first 13 games. He scored on two runs in the first 10 minutes of Sunday’s game.
• Seattle ran a trick play on its third possession, Wilson pitching to Marshawn Lynch on a sweep only to have Lynch throw a backward pass to Wilson, who then threw to an open Golden Tate for a 44-yard gain.
By the numbers
110 points Seattle scored in its first six games combined.
108 points Seattle scored in the past two games.
78 consecutive points scored by Seattle, a streak that began in overtime of its Week 13 victory in Chicago and continued through the first quarter this week.
Seahawks: DT Alan Branch suffered a sprained ankle. CB Jeremy Lane limped off the field in the fourth quarter, but is expected to be OK. G John Moffitt suffered a sprained ankle in the fourth quarter.
Coach Pete Carroll: “We looked at it like a little bit of a bowl game kind of situation, kind of a semi-neutral site.”
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||W, 30-20|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||W, 28-7|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||L, 24-21|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||W, 23-17|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||W, 58-0|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||W, 50-17|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|