Players of the game • Quarterback Kevin Kolb entered the game midway through the fourth quarter, completed six of the eight passes...
Players of the game
• Quarterback Kevin Kolb entered the game midway through the fourth quarter, completed six of the eight passes he attempted and accounted for 66 of the Cardinals’ 99 yards of offense in the second half. His 6-yard touchdown pass to Andre Roberts with 4 minutes, 59 seconds left was the game-winning touchdown.
• Seattle’s Leon Washington returned a kickoff 83 yards in the third quarter to set up the Seahawks’ first touchdown of the game, and ran a punt back 52 yards to put Seattle in field-goal range in the fourth quarter. Washington had 189 yards worth of returns Sunday while Seattle’s offense managed only 254.
Play of the game
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Microsoft co-founder says he found sunken Japan WWII warship
- Moneytree leads push to loosen state's payday-lending law
- Should UW stick with coach Lorenzo Romar?
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
Most Read Stories
The pain was more than metaphorical when Doug Baldwin failed to secure what would have been an incredible catch in the final minute. Seattle had the ball, second down and 10 yards to go at the Arizona 13 when Russell Wilson fired a fastball down the middle to Baldwin, who jumped — extending fully — in his attempt to make the catch, only to lose control as he pulled the ball to his body while hitting the ground. It turned out to be as close as Seattle came to scoring the winning touchdown. “Doug’s layout would have been extraordinary, spectacular,” coach Pete Carroll said. “The ground won that one.”
When John Skelton left the game with eight minutes to go, the Cardinals had gained exactly one first down after halftime.
By the numbers
16 yards Arizona gained — total — on its first six possessions of the second half.
6 consecutive seasons in which Seattle has lost its first regular-season road game.
4 times in past five Arizona-Seattle meetings the margin of victory has been four points or fewer.
Seahawks: OT Russell Okung suffered an injury to his right knee, and his prognosis is uncertain. DT Alan Branch suffered a nerve injury in his neck in the first half, but returned to the game. WR Doug Baldwin suffered an undisclosed injury in the fourth quarter, but is expected to be OK.
Cornerback Richard Sherman: “That one hurt. I feel like we had a chance, and we just didn’t get it done this time. Gotta go back to the drawing board.”
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||1 p.m.|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||1 p.m.|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||10 a.m.|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||1 p.m.|
|Oct. 14||N. England||1 p.m.|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||5:20 p.m.|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||10 a.m.|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||1 p.m.|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|