A quick look at Sunday's Seahawks-Falcons game.
Players of the game
• Seahawks QB Tarvaris Jackson passed for a career-high 319 yards and three touchdowns, his most in one game since December 2008. He completed 17 of24 passes in the second half.
• Atlanta’s Matt Ryan passed for 291 yards, but the most important stat was that he was 7 for 12 on third down for six first downs. Third-down productivity was the biggest factor in the Falcons’ victory.
• Falcons rookie receiver Julio Jones caught 11 passes for 127 yards. Only seven players have caught more passes against Seattle in a game.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
Play of the game
Seahawks kicker Steven Hauschka’s attempt at a winning field goal was admittedly a longshot. In fact, it was the longest field goal any Seahawk has attempted and 7 yards longer than any kick Hauschka has made. His kick was a line drive that never got enough altitude to have a chance. It landed short and to the left.
Seattle switched to a no-huddle offense in the third quarter, which helped jump-start the offense. Seattle’s first four possessions of the second half produced 21 points.
• The Seahawks, who had allowed 14 sacks in the first 10 quarters of the season, have not given up a sack in the past six quarters.
• Ryan, the Falcons’ QB, had more rushing yards than Seattle in the first half, 17-5.
By the numbers
145 Minutes Seattle went without a passing touchdown, a drought that lasted from Doug Baldwin’s 55-yard TD reception in the season opener at San Francisco to Sidney Rice’s 52-yard scoring catch in the second quarter Sunday.
67 Points Seattle has allowed in the first half this season.
30 Points the Seahawks have given up in the second half.
1 Second-half touchdown Seattle’s defense has allowed all season.
Seahawks — LB Matt McCoy suffered a knee injury in the first quarter that is considered serious. WR Mike Williams suffered a concussion in the third quarter and did not return. DL Anthony Hargrove and LB Malcolm Smith suffered hamstring injuries.
Coach Pete Carroll: “Last week was terrific to get the win. … I think we grew more today, and we understand what we can do better.”
|Sept. 11||@49ers||L, 33-17|
|Sept. 18||@Steelers||L, 24-0|
|Sept. 25||Cardinals||W, 13-10|
|Oct. 2||Falcons||L, 30-28|
|Oct. 9||@Giants||10 a.m.|
|Oct. 23||@Browns||10 a.m.|
|Oct. 30||Bengals||1:15 p.m.|
|Nov. 6||@Cowboys||10 a.m.|
|Nov. 13||Ravens||1:05 p.m.|
|Nov. 20||@Rams||1:05 p.m.|
|Nov. 27||Redskins||1:05 p.m.|
|Dec. 1||Eagles||5:20 p.m.|
|Dec. 12||Rams||5:30 p.m.|
|Dec. 18||@Bears||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 24||49ers||1:15 p.m.|
|Jan. 1||@Cardinals||1:15 p.m.|