Players of the game • 49ers QB Alex Smith completed three passes of more than 40 yards, passed for three touchdowns with no interceptions...
Players of the game
• 49ers QB Alex Smith completed three passes of more than 40 yards, passed for three touchdowns with no interceptions, and had a passer rating of 130.9.
• 49ers TE Vernon Davis caught five passes for 70 yards, including a 42-yard touchdown in the first quarter.
Play of the game
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Police: Ohio newborn appears to have died from dog bite
- With Marshawn Lynch retired, what will Seahawks do with money they save?
- Sale of Weyerhaeuser’s Federal Way campus means more intensive development
- Unruly passenger diverts Boston-San Diego flight to Denver
Most Read Stories
It was the perfect play call, the 49ers running a screen to RB Brian Westbrook into the face of the Seahawks’ blitz. Westbrook broke through the tackle of S Earl Thomas and ran for a 62-yard touchdown in the second quarter, scoring on the third-longest pass play against Seattle this season.
Seattle trailed by 23 points at halftime, and any thoughts of a comeback evaporated when Matt Hasselbeck’s first pass of the second half was intercepted by Dashon Goldson and returned 39 yards for a touchdown. It was the first interception returned for a score against the Seahawks this season.
• Seattle earned a first down in the first quarter, something it failed to do in its previous two games.
• The Seahawks gave up 20 points in the second quarter, the fourth time in the past seven games they’ve allowed a 20-point period.
• Seattle gave up 40 points to the 49ers, a team it had held without a touchdown five times in the past six years. It was the most points San Francisco has ever scored against Seattle.
By the numbers
73 Points allowed by Seattle in two games in the Bay Area, having lost 33-3 at Oakland on Oct. 31.
30 Points scored by San Francisco in the first two quarters, the second-highest first-half total allowed by Seattle this season.
10 Turnovers committed by Hasselbeck in the past three games. He had nine in his first nine starts.
3 Kickoff returns for a touchdown this season by Leon Washington, setting a franchise career record.
“This one was pretty bad. It was not a good day for us, not a good day for me.” — Hasselbeck
Seahawks: WR Deon Butler suffered a broken right leg in the fourth quarter. WR Brandon Stokley left the game with a hamstring injury.
|Sept. 12||San Francisco||Won 31-6|
|Sept. 19||at Denver||Lost 31-14|
|Sept. 26||San Diego||Won 27-20|
|Oct. 3||at St. Louis||Lost 20-3|
|Oct. 17||at Chicago||Won 23-20|
|Oct. 24||Arizona||Won 22-10|
|Oct. 31||at Oakland||Lost 33-3|
|Nov. 7||N.Y. Giants||Lost 41-7|
|Nov. 14||at Arizona||Won 36-18|
|Nov. 21||at N. Orleans||Lost 34-19|
|Nov. 28||Kansas City||Lost 42-24|
|Dec. 5||Carolina||Won 31-14|
|Dec. 12||at S. Francisco||Lost 40-21|
|Dec. 19||Atlanta||1:05 p.m.|
|Dec. 26||at Tampa Bay||10 a.m.|
|Jan. 2||St. Louis||1:15 p.m.|