Players of the Game
Seahawks FB Leonard Weaver: Four catches, 116 yards, 2 TDs, his first career NFL multi-touchdown game.
Seahawks CB Josh Wilson: Ran back an interception 75 yards for a touchdown and forced a fumble.
Seahawks K Olindo Mare: Two more field goals on the day to make him 13 of 14 this season.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Seahawks QB Seneca Wallace: 15 of 25, 222 yards, 2 TD passes, sacked once, 115.8 QB rating.
Seahawks DE Patrick Kerney: Three tackles, sack, 2 QB pressures, forced fumble, fumble recovery and 50-yard return, tackle for loss.
49ers RB Frank Gore: 94 rushing yards, 65 receiving yards.
Play of the Game
The 49ers went for the first down on a fourth-and-four with 44 seconds left in the first half, trailing 13-3. Quarterback J.T. O’Sullivan tried to hit wide receiver Arnaz Battle with a short pass, but Seahawks CB Josh Wilson stepped in front of the underthrown ball and returned the interception 75 yards for a touchdown that put the game out of reach at 20-3.
Facing fourth-and-six from the San Francisco 35 late in the first quarter, the Seahawks lined up to go for the first down. Wallace hit Koren Robinson on a slant pass for the first down, then the Seahawks finished off the 63-yard drive with a T.J. Duckett touchdown to take a 13-0 lead.
Sunday’s Seahawks Surprises
• P Jon Ryan averaged 53.4 yards per punt and hit one for 63 yards.
• The Seahawks held 49ers WR Isaac Bruce, who torched them for 153 receiving yards in Seattle’s Week 2 loss, to just 49 Sunday.
• Robinson threw a key block to spring Weaver for his second touchdown.
By the Numbers
39 Seahawks rushing yardage for the game.
4 Fumbles forced by the Seahawks, one of which they recovered.
5 Sacks for the Seahawks, the most they’ve had since the last San Francisco game.
12 Total tackles for LB Leroy Hill, the Seahawks’ leading tackler this season with 58.
Seahawks: LB Lofa Tatupu left the game early in the second quarter with a groin strain and didn’t return. He’ll likely miss practice time this week. Kerney had a shoulder injury but is expected to be available for next week.
49ers: TE Delanie Walker injured an elbow and RT Barry Sims an ankle in the first half. Neither returned. KR Allen Rossum injured a hamstring in the first half and didn’t return. Battle injured a foot and left the game in the second half.
José Miguel Romero