Players of the Game
Seahawks QB Seneca Wallace: Wallace passed for 226 yards; 163 of those came in the second half.
Seahawks TE John Carlson: Carlson caught five passes for 76 yards, breaking franchise records for season receptions and yards by a tight end.
Rams RB Steven Jackson: Jackson gained 107 yards from scrimmage in the first half and just 20 yards in the second.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip
Most Read Stories
Play of the Game
Deion Branch’s 45-yard reception in the final minute was the longest and the most important offensive play in the game. Cornerback Jason Craft ran to cut off the corner route, and Branch turned upfield, running behind Craft for a wide-open reception. He ran down the sideline until he was tackled out of bounds at the St. Louis 9. Two plays later Seattle kicked the winning field goal.
With 6:21 left in the game, Seattle trailed by seven points and a promising drive looked like it would stall after a holding penalty against tackle Ray Willis. But on second-and-13 Bobby Engram found himself all alone on the sideline after a complete breakdown in pass coverage. His 37-yard gain was the biggest play in a drive that ended with T.J. Duckett’s 1-yard touchdown run, allowing Seattle to tie the game.
Sunday’s Seahawks Surprises
• Seattle won its eighth consecutive game against St. Louis, the longest winning streak against any opponent in Seahawks history.
• The Seahawks were outgained 243 yards to 76 in the first half. Seattle outgained the Rams 257-99 in the second.
• Seattle ended a six-game losing streak, the franchise’s longest skid since 1994.
By the Numbers
76 yards of net offense for Seattle in the first half.
56 yards of return yardage for Seattle’s defense in the first half.
31 yard touchdown pass to Torry Holt in the first quarter, the 49th pass play of more than 20 yards allowed by Seattle this season.
10 yards rushing for Steven Jackson in the second half.
2 touchdowns scored this season by Jordan Babineaux. He returned a fumble 24 yards Sunday against the Rams. He returned an interception for a touchdown earlier this season at Miami.
Seahawks: S Babineaux suffered a concussion. LT Sean Locklear suffered a dislocated toe on the game’s final play. S Deon Grant suffered a stinger in the first quarter, but returned later that period.
Rams: WR Derek Stanley suffered an injury to his left knee in the first quarter and did not return.
“It’s just golden right now. It feels great. You start taking stuff for granted how you feel after a victory until you haven’t had one in a while.” — Seahawks defensive end Darryl Tapp.