Players of the Game
Players of the Game
Seahawks CB Josh Wilson: Intercepted two passes and got his first NFL sack.
Seahawks QB Seneca Wallace: Won for the third time in his last six starts. He has not been intercepted in any of those games.
Seahawks RB Maurice Morris: Rushed for 116 yards, the most for him since November 2006.
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
- Costco purchases land in southeast Redmond for long-delayed project
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
Most Read Stories
Play of the Game
John Carlson’s 2-yard touchdown catch in the second quarter. Carlson was matched against Jets linebacker David Harris, who jammed Carlson at the line of scrimmage. Wallace had the option of throwing to the fullback, but instead lofted a pass to the back of the end zone, giving Carlson a chance. The rookie made a diving reception for the game’s only touchdown, giving Seattle a 7-3 lead.
The Jets lined up for a 44-yard field-goal attempt in the second minute of the fourth quarter. Jay Feely’s kick went through the uprights, but the kick didn’t count because the Jets didn’t snap the ball in time. A delay-of-game penalty pushed the Jets five yards back and they then punted.
Sunday’s Seahawks Surprises
• Seattle gave up 265 yards of net offense to the Jets, the second-lowest total against the Seahawks this season. They held the Rams to 240 yards in September.
• Seattle did not give up a sack for only the second time this season. The only game was in San Francisco in October.
• The Seahawks picked off multiple passes in a game for the first time this season. Seattle has intercepted eight passes this season, and Wilson has four of them.
By the Numbers
183 Consecutive passes by Seneca Wallace without being intercepted.
7 Players who caught at least one pass for Seattle.
6 Receptions by Bobby Engram in what might have been his final home game as a Seahawk. He will be an unrestricted free agent.
5 Starting offensive linemen the Seahawks are missing, now that Sean Locklear is on injured reserve because of a dislocated toe. Still, the line did not allow a sack against New York.
4 Losses by the Jets in the Pacific time zone this season.
3 Points by the Jets, a season low. The Seahawks had not held an opponent to fewer than 13 until Sunday.
Seahawks: CB Josh Wilson suffered a right-ankle injury early in the second quarter, but returned on the Jets’ next possession.
Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren: “My team was warming up, and I was looking around, and I remember the first time I came into the new stadium. The first time that I stepped in it, how remarkable I thought it was and how beautiful it was. Then, I thought that I’m not going to be here any more.”
José Miguel Romero