Players of the Game
Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers: Rodgers passed for 208 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for another score. He was 10-of-12 passing on third down for 131 yards, seven first downs and a touchdown.
Green Bay DE Aaron Kampman: Kampman had two sacks and three quarterback hurries. He beat Seattle right tackle Sean Locklear for his first sack and then worked his way between Locklear and Floyd Womack to get his second sack.
Seattle LB Julian Peterson: Peterson sacked Rodgers in the second quarter, forcing a fumble that resulted in a turnover and set up Seattle’s first touchdown.
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- Seattle’s Super Bowl: Not football, but pho
- Teens charged in Jungle shooting grew up amid tumult, drug deals
- Mom’s drug deal brought sons to Jungle, police say
- Shaq Thompson happy to be at Super Bowl, sorry to Seahawks fans
Most Read Stories
Play of the Game
Seattle blitzed safety Brian Russell and linebackers Leroy Hill and Lofa Tatupu on a third-and-six, but Rodgers got the pass away before pressure arrived. Greg Jennings was defended by Marcus Trufant, and he caught the pass for a 45-yard touchdown. It’s the longest scoring pass allowed by Seattle this season.
Green Bay drove 84 yards for a touchdown on its fourth possession of the second half. The drive began in the third quarter, ended in the fourth and included three third-down conversions. The drive consumed 7:52. Seattle’s first five possessions of the second half consumed 7:55 combined.
Sunday’s Seahawks Surprises
• The Seahawks passed for 4 yards in the third quarter when Charlie Frye completed 2 of 5 pass attempts and was sacked once for a loss of 8 yards.
• Bobby Engram did not catch a pass in the game. He caught eight passes last week when he returned from a broken bone in his shoulder.
• No Seahawk reached 30 yards receiving.
By the Numbers
139.9 Rodgers’ passer rating on third down Sunday. He completed 10 of 12 pass attempts for 131 yards.
51 Yards of Julius Jones’ third-quarter run that was negated by a holding penalty against left guard Mike Wahle.
50 Distance of Olindo Mare’s second-quarter field goal. He is 10 for 10 on field-goal attempts for Seattle this season.
42 consecutive points Green Bay scored after falling behind 14-0 against Seattle in the NFC Divisional playoff last year at Lambeau Field.
24 consecutive points the Packers scored after falling behind 10-3 to Seattle on Sunday at Qwest Field.
Seahawks: S Deon Grant strained the medial-collateral ligament in his left knee in the first quarter, but he returned to the game. TE Will Heller suffered a knee injury during Seattle’s onside kick in the fourth quarter. DE Patrick Kerney suffered a stinger in the game.
Packers: S Aaron Rouse suffered a head injury, and DT Ryan Pickett suffered an elbow injury; neither returned.