Players of the Game: Browns QB Derek Anderson: Passed for a career-high 364 yards. Browns TE Kellen Winslow: Caught 11 passes for a career-high...
Players of the Game
Browns QB Derek Anderson: Passed for a career-high 364 yards.
Browns TE Kellen Winslow: Caught 11 passes for a career-high 125 yards.
Seahawks WR Bobby Engram: Caught a career-high 14 passes for 139 yards.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Mariners trade Mark Lowe to the Blue Jays for three minor leaguers
- Seahawks linebacker Bobby Wagner on contract talks: 'Now. That's my deadline'
Most Read Stories
Browns RB Jamal Lewis: Rushed for four TDs, and his 34-yard screen pass was the longest play of the Browns’ overtime drive.
Play of the Game
Returners aren’t supposed to field a punt inside their own 10, but Seattle certainly was glad Nate Burleson caught one at his own 6. He side-stepped four tacklers in the first 5 yards before running 94 yards for a touchdown as Seattle went ahead 21-6.
Seattle handed the ball to Maurice Morris on fourth-and-one in overtime. He ran to the left side of the line, was swallowed up in a mass of humanity at the line of scrimmage and was stopped short.
Sunday’s Seahawks Surprises
• Seattle failed to record a sack for the third time this season.
• The Seahawks gave up 21 points in the second half. They were allowing an average of 5.3 second-half points.
• Shaun Alexander failed to score for the sixth consecutive game.
By the Numbers
94 Yard punt return for a touchdown by Nate Burleson, who’s returned two punts and one kickoff for TDs in 24 games as a Seahawk.
6 Losses in Seattle’s last seven overtime games, which includes two defeats in the playoffs.
4 Rushing touchdowns by Jamal Lewis, the first time the Seahawks allowed four rushing TDs since November 2004.
2 Teams that failed to have a 100-yard rusher against the Browns this season, the latest being the Seahawks.
1 Missed PAT by Phil Dawson, who kicked wide left. Cleveland made its previous 55 point-after kicks.
Seattle: LB Leroy Hill suffered a hamstring injury in the third quarter. He did not return. DE Patrick Kerney suffered a strained oblique muscle. He did not return. RB Shaun Alexander suffered a sprained left knee and ankle in the first quarter. He returned in the second quarter, but left the game again in the third quarter. S Brian Russell was visibly woozy after a first-quarter hit. He left for several plays, but returned.
Cleveland: RG Seth McKinney suffered a left shoulder injury in the third quarter.
“We gave up too many yards today. We gave up key third downs. We let them in the end zone more than we should have. I don’t want to take anything away from the Browns, but we’re not going to be at all happy when we look at it tomorrow.”
— Seattle safety Brian Russell