The Seahawks returned six players who didn’t practice Tuesday, most notably CB Byron Maxwell, DL Michael Bennett and WR Bryan Walters.
The big story
Defensive end Cliff Avril practiced for the first time this training camp. Avril, who Seattle signed in the offseason to bolster the pass rush, has been out with a hamstring injury. He did individual workouts but didn’t participate in team activities. Pete Carroll said it’s too soon to know if Avril will play Saturday against Denver.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
Most Read Stories
Play of the day
Walter Thurmond continued his strong training camp by getting the best of Tarvaris Jackson. Thurmond stepped in front of Jermaine Kearse on an out route and picked off Jackson’s pass. Thurmond has received positive reviews this camp.
Pete Carroll said DT Tony McDaniel (groin) wouldn’t play in Saturday’s game. Carroll said they hadn’t seen enough to know where he fits in. McDaniel is listed as the first-team defensive tackle opposite Brandon Mebane, but Carroll said it was “really important” for McDaniel to get healthy so the team can evaluate him.
The Seahawks have their final practice of training camp on Thursday at 10:15 a.m. It is not open to the public.