The Seahawks returned six players who didn’t practice Tuesday, most notably CB Byron Maxwell, DL Michael Bennett and WR Bryan Walters.
The big story
Defensive end Cliff Avril practiced for the first time this training camp. Avril, who Seattle signed in the offseason to bolster the pass rush, has been out with a hamstring injury. He did individual workouts but didn’t participate in team activities. Pete Carroll said it’s too soon to know if Avril will play Saturday against Denver.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
Most Read Stories
Play of the day
Walter Thurmond continued his strong training camp by getting the best of Tarvaris Jackson. Thurmond stepped in front of Jermaine Kearse on an out route and picked off Jackson’s pass. Thurmond has received positive reviews this camp.
Pete Carroll said DT Tony McDaniel (groin) wouldn’t play in Saturday’s game. Carroll said they hadn’t seen enough to know where he fits in. McDaniel is listed as the first-team defensive tackle opposite Brandon Mebane, but Carroll said it was “really important” for McDaniel to get healthy so the team can evaluate him.
The Seahawks have their final practice of training camp on Thursday at 10:15 a.m. It is not open to the public.