The Seahawks returned six players who didn’t practice Tuesday, most notably CB Byron Maxwell, DL Michael Bennett and WR Bryan Walters.
The big story
Defensive end Cliff Avril practiced for the first time this training camp. Avril, who Seattle signed in the offseason to bolster the pass rush, has been out with a hamstring injury. He did individual workouts but didn’t participate in team activities. Pete Carroll said it’s too soon to know if Avril will play Saturday against Denver.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Play of the day
Walter Thurmond continued his strong training camp by getting the best of Tarvaris Jackson. Thurmond stepped in front of Jermaine Kearse on an out route and picked off Jackson’s pass. Thurmond has received positive reviews this camp.
Pete Carroll said DT Tony McDaniel (groin) wouldn’t play in Saturday’s game. Carroll said they hadn’t seen enough to know where he fits in. McDaniel is listed as the first-team defensive tackle opposite Brandon Mebane, but Carroll said it was “really important” for McDaniel to get healthy so the team can evaluate him.
The Seahawks have their final practice of training camp on Thursday at 10:15 a.m. It is not open to the public.