The Seahawks had their 10th day of training camp in preparation for their first preseason game on Thursday against the San Diego Chargers.
CB Walter Thurmond had a big day playing mostly with the first-team defense with CB Brandon Browner getting a day off. Thurmond had a few pass breakups, including one down the sideline against WR Golden Tate when Thurmond got an outstretched hand on the ball. Pete Carroll said Thurmond has done “very well” in training camp is competing with veteran Antoine Winfield for the team’s nickel spot.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- Seattle-based seafood company shuts down
- UW receiver Isaiah Renfro opens up about depression, announces he's leaving team
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
Most Read Stories
Play of the day
WR Golden Tate had two defensive backs on his heels but went up and grabbed the ball high out of the air over both Will Blackmon and DeShawn Snead. Brady Quinn threw the pass, but Tate went up and simply made a big play.
C Max Unger, DL Michael Bennett and WRs Bryan Walters and Early Doucet didn’t practice for the first time. Coach Pete Carroll didn’t speak with the media, so it’s unclear if they were just getting a day off or are injured. TE Michael Palmer returned to the field. RB Robert Turbin still didn’t practice, although Carroll said he was cleared on Sunday.
The Seahawks practice at 10:15 a.m. on Tuesday. Practice is open to the public but is sold out.
Bob Condotta, Jayson Jenks