Still no Marshawn Lynch, who the Seahawks placed on the reserve-did not report list. That grants him roster exempt status, and he can be taken off that list at any point when he returns. Because of that distinction, though, the Seahawks were able to sign two players — linebacker Brandon Denmark and safety Steven Terrell — while only releasing one player, defensive tackle Dewayne Cherrington.
Play of the day
Wide receiver Doug Baldwin beat Byron Maxwell down the sideline, then caught a deep and highly contested pass from Russell Wilson in between Maxwell and safety Earl Thomas, who was closing fast.
- Wolverine fire continues to grow, air quality at hazardous levels
- Man who drowned in Lake Washington was watching hydros, jumped in to swim
- Oh, rats! Seattle is one of the rattiest places in U.S.
- Seahawks' decision shows faith in Brandon Mebane, and the team's Superstar Strategy
- Old office-temperature rule for men leaves women freezing at work
Most Read Stories
Wide receiver Kevin Norwood and offensive tackle Michael Bowie (shoulder) didn’t practice. Coach Pete Carroll didn’t talk as scheduled on Saturday, so it’s unclear why Norwood didn’t practice. Defensive tackle Jesse Williams stopped practicing after the first few minutes, and defensive tackle Jimmy Staten limped off the field later in the practice with an injury.
The Seahawks will practice again on Sunday at 10:15 a.m.
Jayson Jenks, Bob Condotta