The big story
With DE Cliff Avril out and DE Chris Clemons still out while recovering from an ACL injury, rookie Benson Mayowa got extensive playing time with the first-team defense. Mayowa signed with the Seahawks as an undrafted rookie in May after impressing Carroll with his speed off the edge in rookie minicamp.
Guy to keep an eye on
WR Jermaine Kearse. So far in training camp, Kearse has consistently found ways to get open. The final few receiver spots on the roster are going to be tightly contested, but Kearse has made a solid impression through four practices.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
Most Read Stories
Play of the day
On a day the defense dominated, safety Earl Thomas came flying up the field to knock away a Russell Wilson pass intended for Luke Willson. Thomas extended for the ball and nearly intercepted the pass.
DE Cliff Avril and OT Michael Bowie didn’t practice for the first time this training camp. FB Michael Robinson, however, returned to the field after missing the last two days with an ankle injury.
Seahawks will practice again at 10 a.m. Tuesday. The practice is open to the public but the spots are sold out.
Jayson Jenks, Bob Condotta