How cool is Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson under pressure?
Sunday against Jacksonville, he was positively freezing, according to stats from Pro Football Focus. PFF reports that when Jacksonville blitzed Wilson, he connected on 7 of 8 passes for 79 yards and two touchdowns, translating to a quarterback rating of 148.3 (158.3 is perfect).
PFF also notes that it was a good day for Seattle’s running backs as they got 122 yards after contact, forcing 12 missed tackles on their 36 rushing attempts. That included four each by Marshawn Lynch and Christine Michael (the latter of whom had nine carries for 37 yards in his first career action).
PFF also concluded that it was a good return to action for cornerback Brandon Browner, who in his first game back after a hamstring injury allowed just two receptions on five targets for just 11 yards.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
Most Read Stories