How cool is Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson under pressure?
Sunday against Jacksonville, he was positively freezing, according to stats from Pro Football Focus. PFF reports that when Jacksonville blitzed Wilson, he connected on 7 of 8 passes for 79 yards and two touchdowns, translating to a quarterback rating of 148.3 (158.3 is perfect).
PFF also notes that it was a good day for Seattle’s running backs as they got 122 yards after contact, forcing 12 missed tackles on their 36 rushing attempts. That included four each by Marshawn Lynch and Christine Michael (the latter of whom had nine carries for 37 yards in his first career action).
PFF also concluded that it was a good return to action for cornerback Brandon Browner, who in his first game back after a hamstring injury allowed just two receptions on five targets for just 11 yards.
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Marymoor Park concerts: Full lineup announced
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
- Nelson Cruz's home run in ninth inning lifts Mariners to sweep of Rays
- Kyle Seager saves Mariners, 7-6, in 10 innings
Most Read Stories