When Sidney Rice was lost for the season following Seattle’s game at St. Louis on Oct. 28, the obvious question was how the Seahawks would replace his production.
The answer has been Doug Baldwin, who moved from his usual place in the slot to playing more outside and has seen his numbers almost double since.
Baldwin has 17 receptions for 291 yards in the four games (an average of 72.75 yards per game) since Rice has been out after making 23 catches for 372 (an average of 46.5) in the first eight.
He had one of his best games Monday night against the Saints when he caught four passes on five targets. According to Pro Football Focus, quarterback Russell Wilson had a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3 when targeting Baldwin.
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Seattle sets heat record for July 4
- For escapee, prison now will mean 23 hours a day in a cell
- Sound Transit planning heats up for light-rail expansion and public vote
Most Read Stories