When Sidney Rice was lost for the season following Seattle’s game at St. Louis on Oct. 28, the obvious question was how the Seahawks would replace his production.
The answer has been Doug Baldwin, who moved from his usual place in the slot to playing more outside and has seen his numbers almost double since.
Baldwin has 17 receptions for 291 yards in the four games (an average of 72.75 yards per game) since Rice has been out after making 23 catches for 372 (an average of 46.5) in the first eight.
He had one of his best games Monday night against the Saints when he caught four passes on five targets. According to Pro Football Focus, quarterback Russell Wilson had a perfect quarterback rating of 158.3 when targeting Baldwin.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Most Read Stories