Seahawks QB Russell Wilson remains atop the NFLPA sales list with a few Seattle teammates also ranking well.
Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson won’t have a chance to hoist the Lombardi Trophy this season.
But he remains atop the National Football League Players Association top 50 player sales list, according to information provided by the NFLPA.
The rankings include all products sold through November 2015 by more than 80 NFL Players Association Licensees on-line and retail.
Other Seahawks on the list include Richard Sherman, Marshawn Lynch, Jimmy Graham, Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas.
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Inauguration Day protests, events in Seattle
- 50,000 expected to attend Seattle women’s march day after Trump inauguration WATCH
- Christopher Monfort, killer of Seattle police officer, found dead in prison cell
- Police seek description of shooter who wounded 3 at Seattle’s Crocodile club
- From TV to courtroom to the market: The saga of Seattle’s $475,000 treehouse
The press release with more data is below:
Russell Wilson again leads the NFLPA Top 50 Player Sales List through November of the NFLPA’s current fiscal year. The list is based on total sales of officially licensed merchandise, tracking year-to-date (YTD) results from March 1 through November 30, 2015. He also topped the sales report through August, regaining that position from Tom Brady.
Joining Wilson in the current top 10 are Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Dez Bryant, Peyton Manning, J.J. Watt, Odell Beckham Jr., Rob Gronkowski, Jason Witten and Colin Kaepernick. The top 20 best sellers round out with Richard Sherman, Tony Romo, Marshawn Lynch, Marcus Mariota, Andrew Luck, Clay Matthews, Drew Brees, Luke Kuechly, DeMarco Murray and Antonio Brown.
The list is released quarterly by the NFLPA, via its licensing and marketing arm NFL Players Inc., and is based on overall sales of all licensed products from online and traditional retail outlets as reported by more than 80 NFLPA licensees such as Fanatics, Nike, VF Imagewear, Outerstuff, Fathead, McFarlane Toys, OYO Sports, Bleacher Creatures, FBF Originals, Forever Collectibles, FanPrint, Aminco, Photo File and New Era. Licensed product categories include men’s, women’s and youth game jerseys and t-shirts, player murals, figurines, matted and framed photos, bobbleheads, lanyards, keyrings, pins, drinkware, socks, jewelry and electronic device accessories, among others.
Highlights from the NFLPA’s third fiscal quarter (September 1-November 30, 2015):
• Cam Newton jumps 21 spots from the end of August (No. 22), while Amari Cooper (No. 30) and Julian Edelman (No. 29) hurdle 18 and 16 spots, respectively; Gronkowski makes his debut in the top 10 for the first time since the NFLPA began compiling in 2013.
• Wilson, Beckham Jr., Brady, Rodgers and Peyton Manning are most popular among kids’ toys and apparel, including Bleacher Creatures, Outerstuff and OYO Sports.
• Beckham Jr., who appears in a TV spot for Fathead, leads all players in Fathead sales, moving up five spots.
• Brady leads in OYO Sports and Funko figurines, as well as sales of Skinit phone cases.
• Watt leads in drinkware from Boelter Brands and Tervis.
• Among the leaders in collegiate co-branded product, Brady (Michigan) overtakes Wilson (Wisconsin) in OYO Sports. He is joined by Michigan alums Charles Woodson (No. 4) and Denard Robinson (No. 6). Mariota (Oregon) remains tops in Photo File images and Team Spirit Store Hardlines.
• Brady is the top seller in Nike men’s and women’s jerseys combined; three Seahawks players also appear in the top 10 (Wilson No. 4, Lynch No. 7, Sherman No. 8).
• In Nike women’s jerseys, Wilson is No.1, followed by Beckham Jr. and Brady; Nike men’s jerseys are led by Brady, with Beckham Jr. and Bryant right behind.
• Beckham Jr. is selling the most Outerstuff children’s jerseys, leading Wilson and Brady. Mariota, at No. 13, is the highest ranked rookie in this category.
• An international star, Jarryd Hayne (No. 48) of Australia, joins the list for the first time.
• Brady leads in name and number t-shirts for men, women and kids.
• Bryant leads in men’s socks from FBF Original and Freaker USA.
• Rodgers jumps four spots to No. 1 in Bobblehead sales, dethroning Bryant.
• Mariota reigns supreme for player-identified caps from New Era.
• The Seahawks are the team with the most players ranked among the top 50 including Wilson (No. 1), Sherman (No. 11), Lynch (No. 13), Jimmy Graham (No. 21), Kam Chancellor (No. 35) and Earl Thomas (No. 45).
YTD (March 1 – November 30, 2015) Top 50 Player Sales Report
1. Russell Wilson, QB, Seattle Seahawks
2. Tom Brady, QB, New England Patriots
3. Aaron Rodgers, QB, Green Bay Packers
4. Dez Bryant, WR, Dallas Cowboys
5. Peyton Manning, QB, Denver Broncos
6. J.J. Watt, DE, Houston Texans
7. Odell, Beckham, Jr., WR, New York Giants
8. Rob Gronkowski, TE, New England Patriots
9. Jason Witten, TE, Dallas Cowboys
10. Colin Kaepernick, QB, San Francisco 49ers
11. Richard Sherman, DB, Seattle Seahawks
12. Tony Romo, QB, Dallas Cowboys
13. Marshawn Lynch, RB, Seattle Seahawks
14. Marcus Mariota, QB, Tennessee Titans
15. Andrew Luck, QB, Indianapolis Colts
16. Clay Matthews, LB, Green Bay Packers
17. Drew Brees, QB, New Orleans Saints
18. Luke Kuechly, LB, Carolina Panthers
19. DeMarco Murray, RB, Philadelphia Eagles
20. Antonio Brown, WR, Pittsburgh Steelers
21. Jimmy Graham, TE, Seattle Seahawks
22. Cam Newton, QB, Carolina Panthers
23. Jordy Nelson, WR, Green Bay Packers
24. Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit Lions
25. Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Minnesota Vikings
26. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Pittsburgh Steelers
27. Ryan Tannehill, QB, Miami Dolphins
28. Derek Carr, QB, Oakland Raiders
29. Julian Edelman, WR, New England Patriots
30. Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders
31. Jameis Winston, QB, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
32. Eli Manning, QB, New York Giants
33. Matt Forte, RB, Chicago Bears
34. Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers
35. Kam Chancellor, SS, Seattle Seahawks
36. Joe Haden, DB, Cleveland Browns
37. A.J. Green, WR, Cincinnati Bengals
38. Ben Roethlisberger, QB, Pittsburgh Steelers
39. Jamaal Charles, RB, Kansas City Chiefs
40. LeSean McCoy, RB, Buffalo Bills
41. Sammy Watkins, WR, Buffalo Bills
42. Khalil Mack, LB, Oakland Raiders
43. Philip Rivers, QB, San Diego Chargers
44. Darrelle Revis, DB, New York Jets
45. Earl Thomas, DB, Seattle Seahawks
46. Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons
47. Larry Fitzgerald, WR, Phoenix Cardinals
48. Jarryd Hayne, RB, San Francisco 49ers
49. Joe Flacco, QB, Baltimore Ravens
50. Alshon Jeffery, WR, Chicago Bears