Seattle’s current situation: The Seahawks return all of their linebackers from last year, and they’ll actually have a little logjam after Malcolm Smith played so well late.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Man killed by escort had axes, shovel, bleach; may be linked to missing women
- Seattle-area home prices hit wall in May
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii
- Boy Scouts OK gay leaders; Mormon church may quit
Most Read Stories
Number of linebackers the Seahawks drafted last season.
Who might be there at No. 32: Ryan Shazier, Ohio State. Shazier (6-1, 237) is a bit undersized, but he’s speedy and could add future depth at weakside linebacker.
Who might be there later: Howard Jones, Shepherd University. Not a big name, but Jones (6-3, 235) is athletic and explosive.
Outlook: Smith and K.J. Wright will become unrestricted free agents after this season, and Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin will become unrestricted free agents the following year. While the Seahawks shouldn’t need much help at linebacker this season, they could use depth for the future.
Coming tomorrow: Defensive line