Seattle’s current situation: The Seahawks return all of their linebackers from last year, and they’ll actually have a little logjam after Malcolm Smith played so well late.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
Most Read Stories
Number of linebackers the Seahawks drafted last season.
Who might be there at No. 32: Ryan Shazier, Ohio State. Shazier (6-1, 237) is a bit undersized, but he’s speedy and could add future depth at weakside linebacker.
Who might be there later: Howard Jones, Shepherd University. Not a big name, but Jones (6-3, 235) is athletic and explosive.
Outlook: Smith and K.J. Wright will become unrestricted free agents after this season, and Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin will become unrestricted free agents the following year. While the Seahawks shouldn’t need much help at linebacker this season, they could use depth for the future.
Coming tomorrow: Defensive line