Seattle’s current situation: The Seahawks return all of their linebackers from last year, and they’ll actually have a little logjam after Malcolm Smith played so well late.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Thursday notes: Seahawks escape suspension binge, NFL.com ranks Carroll, and more
Most Read Stories
Number of linebackers the Seahawks drafted last season.
Who might be there at No. 32: Ryan Shazier, Ohio State. Shazier (6-1, 237) is a bit undersized, but he’s speedy and could add future depth at weakside linebacker.
Who might be there later: Howard Jones, Shepherd University. Not a big name, but Jones (6-3, 235) is athletic and explosive.
Outlook: Smith and K.J. Wright will become unrestricted free agents after this season, and Bobby Wagner and Bruce Irvin will become unrestricted free agents the following year. While the Seahawks shouldn’t need much help at linebacker this season, they could use depth for the future.
Coming tomorrow: Defensive line