As Super Bowl 50 week kicks off in the Bay Area, those who set the Vegas odds project that the Seahawks have a good shot of getting back to the big game a year from now.
The Panthers and Broncos are arriving Sunday in the Bay Area to officially kick off Super Bowl week.
If those who set the Vegas odds know anything, however, it could well be the Seahawks arriving a year from now in Houston for the 2017 Super Bowl.
Futures odds for Super Bowl LI (yep, they are going back to Roman numerals next year) consistently have the Seahawks among the favorites.
Seattle is listed as 10-1 to get back by VegasInsider.com, tied with the Steelers and just behind the Patriots at 8-1. Green Bay is next at 12-1, meaning the Seahawks are essentially the favorite to win the NFC next season (Seattle is listed as 4-1 to win the NFC with Arizona and Green Bay at 5-1).
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Recipe: Bacon-Wrapped Corn on the Cob with Charred Lime Crema
- Car brings down power lines, causing I-5 shutdown and outages in North Seattle
- Boeing issues new layoff notices to 429 workers in Washington state
The Westgate Las Vegas Super Book has slightly better odds for Seattle, at 8-1, tied with the Patriots and Steelers.
Lots can and will change between now and when the 2016 season begins (the weekend of Sept. 8-12).
But the odds are an indication that the public believes what the Seahawks themselves also believe — that the window for Seattle to be a Super Bowl contender is far from closed.