High marks for Jermaine Kearse, Brandon Mebane and Garry Gilliam from Pro Football Focus but lower grades for others from Pro Football Focus following Sunday's divisional playoff loss at Carolina.
Pro Football Focus says the troubles for the Seattle Seahawks against the Carolina Panthers Sunday started up front.
Here are some more notes and stats from PFF’s Jim Seki, as well as snap counts at the bottom.
- Seattle QB Russell Wilson had a season-high 48 attempts and yards but that’s just a result of the deficit. He attempted nine passes of over 20 yards and nearly half of his attempts were to the left of the numbers (21 of 46).
- WR Jermaine Kearse with his highest grade of his career at +3.4 (as he becomes a UFA). It’s the most he’s ever been targeted and has only reached double-digit targets one other time (Week 1 this year w/ 10 which was also a loss).
- RT Garry Gilliam had a great game considering his four-week stretch that saw 15 QB hurries allowed. He had zero hurries, no hits, and no sacks allowed playing all the offensive snaps. He was the lone bright spot for the OL.
- LG Justin Britt on the other hand…-35.7 on the year surpassing last year’s -25.2. Accounting for all games, he finishes as the second-worst LG behind only Miami’s Dallas Thomas. Looking at the last two years as a sample size, Justin Britt and J.R. Sweezy are the the second-worst LG AND RG in the league.
- Targets: Kearse 16, Doug Baldwin 12, Luke Willson 6, Tyler Lockett 4
- Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett failed to register a hurry or hit—that has to be a first this year let alone during their time in Seattle. Even more weird is that all three QB hurries came from the defensive interior (Brandon Mebane, Ahtyba Rubin, Demarcus Dobbs).
- Kam Chancellor bounced back with a +2.5, his best grade of the year.
- My personal DPOY K.J. Wright finished with six stops, a +2.0 overall grade, and as usual zero missed tackles while he played all defensive snaps.
- Still not enough being said about Mebane’s second half of the season and Rubin in the last few games. Both were the highest rated Seahawks DL.
- Defensive stops: Wright 6, Bennett 6, Bobby Wagner 4, Rubin 3, Avril 2
- QB hurries: Mebane 2, Rubin/Dobbs 1
- Coverage targets: Richard Sherman 6, Wagner 5, Jeremy Lane 4, Deshawn Shead 2
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- 2,000 Seattle teachers wear ‘Black Lives Matter’ shirts to class VIEW
- Petition seeks recall of Wonder Woman as U.N. ambassador
- Major U.S. websites disrupted by cyberattacks
- Clinton camp preparing for possibility Trump won't concede WATCH
- In the regular season, Wilson had a 71.6 accuracy rate under pressure. While he wasn’t under as much pressure (42% vs 35%), he did have an 85.7 accuracy rate vs. Carolina.
- Along with Bennett & Avril, Cassius Marsh had no QB pressure despite seeing more playing time. Frank Clark had the only pressure from the end position.
|Justin Britt *||67||Bobby Wagner *||65|
|Patrick Lewis *||67||K.J. Wright *||65|
|J.R. Sweezy *||67||Richard Sherman *||64|
|Garry Gilliam *||67||Earl Thomas||64|
|Russell Wilson *||67||Kam Chancellor *||61|
|Doug Baldwin *||65||Michael Bennett *||58|
|Jermaine Kearse *||61||Jeremy Lane||56|
|Tyler Lockett||61||Bruce Irvin *||45|
|Alvin Bailey||59||Brandon Mebane *||44|
|Luke Willson *||57||DeShawn Shead *||44|
|Marshawn Lynch *||47||Ahtyba Rubin *||36|
|Fred Jackson||16||Cliff Avril *||24|
|Cooper Helfet *||13||Jordan Hill||22|
|Russell Okung *||8||Demarcus Dobbs||21|
|Kevin Smith||5||Cassius Marsh||18|
|Kasen Williams||5||Frank Clark||17|
|Christine Michael||4||Kelcie McCray *||4|
|Derrick Coleman||1||Michael Morgan||3|