The Seahawks will face Oakland — and quarterback Matt Flynn — in one of four exhibition games in August.
The Seahawks will once again play the Oakland Raiders in the last of their four exhibition games.
And for the second straight year, Matt Flynn will begin training camp hoping to have solidified his starting job by the time that game is played.
This time, though, Flynn will be playing for the Raiders after being traded to Oakland earlier this month after serving as Seattle’s backup to starter Russell Wilson last season.
The Seahawks’ four-game exhibition schedule was announced Thursday, but the specific dates and times of three of those games remain uncertain. The Seahawks’ third exhibition game will be at Green Bay and will be televised nationally.
- Death of Evergreen senior, other player injuries renew football-safety debate
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
- Clay Matthews tells Colin Kaepernick: ‘You ain’t Russell Wilson, bro’
- Seahawks Game Center: Seattle holds off Detroit Lions for 'Monday Night Football' victory
- Watch: Former Mariners great Ichiro Suzuki pitches — yes, pitches — for the Marlins
Most Read Stories
Week 1 (Aug. 8-11): at San Diego.
Week 2 (Aug. 15-19): vs. Denver.
Week 3 (Aug. 23): at Green Bay.
Week 4 (Aug. 29-30): vs. Oakland.
Seattle’s opponents for the 2013 regular season have been determined, though the dates and times have not been announced. The NFL schedule is expected to be unveiled later this month.
The Seahawks’ 2013 regular-season opponents:
Home games — New Orleans, Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, Tennessee, Minnesota, Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis.
Road games — Carolina, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Houston, New York Giants, Arizona, San Francisco, St. Louis.
Danny O’Neil: 206-464-2364 or firstname.lastname@example.org