Running back Marshawn Lynch participated in some 11-on-11 drills for the first time since ending his holdout last week.
Play of the day
Cornerback Tharold Simon dove and broke up a pass just in front of the end zone. What made the play more interesting, though, is that Simon had just had his foot looked at by trainers a few minutes before. He didn’t show any effects of the injury the rest of practice.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama visits Seattle Friday afternoon
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Win over USC puts UW’s coaching upgrade (Chris Petersen over Steve Sarkisian) on full display
- Lloyd McClendon will not return as Mariners' manager
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
Most Read Stories
Offensive lineman James Carpenter returned to practice after missing the last week because of a calf injury. Carpenter spent the offseason losing weight, and he is slotted to start at left tackle for the Seahawks. Defensive tackles Jordan Hill and Tony McDaniel didn’t practice (coach Pete Carroll didn’t talk to the media, so no reason was given).
The Seahawks will have a walkthrough on Wednesday in preparation for Thursday’s preseason game at Denver.
Jayson Jenks, Bob Condotta