The Seahawks practiced for a little over 90 minutes in helmets, shoulder pads and shorts/sweats.
The big story
Backup second-year running back Robert Turbin participated for the first time this season after recovering from a nagging foot injury. He got a lot of work with rookie Christine Michael sitting out with back spasms after his 16 carries for 89 yards Thursday against the Chargers. “It’s great to have him (back),’’ coach Pete Carroll said of Turbin. “We rested him and he’s just been champing at the bit.’’
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Paying the bill for U.S. Open at Chambers Bay
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Polygamous Montana trio applies for marriage license
- Undetected measles led to Clallam County woman’s death
Most Read Stories
Eighteen players sat out. Among new players out with injuries suffered in the Chargers game were DL Jaye Howard (shoulder), LB Ty Powell (thigh bruise); CB Byron Maxwell (ankle); and WR Perez Ashford (unknown).
The Seahawks will practice again Monday at 10 a.m. in a workout that is open to the public, though all tickets are sold.