Russell Wilson Age: 24, born Nov. 29, 1988. Position: Quarterback. Height, weight: 5-11, 206 pounds. College: Wisconsin. High school: Collegiate School...
Age: 24, born Nov. 29, 1988.
Height, weight: 5-11, 206 pounds.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
High school: Collegiate School (Richmond, Va.)
Acquired: Drafted in third round (No. 75 overall), 2012.
Playoff highlights: Wilson completed 15 of 26 passes for 187 yards in the Seahawks’ victory over the Redskins. He also ran for 67 yards on just eight carries.
By the numbers:
26 — Touchdown passes during the regular season, tying Peyton Manning’s NFL rookie record.
5 — Quarterbacks taken before Wilson in April’s NFL draft.
.229 — Wilson’s batting average in two seasons of minor-league baseball.
Did you know: Wilson comes from an athletic family. His father and brother each played two sports in college. His sister, Anna, is a high school freshman in Richmond, Va., a guard on the Collegiate School’s basketball team already attracting attention from college recruiters.
Quotable: “I always expect greatness and always expect an opportunity.” — Russell Wilson.