Jayson Jenks: Christine Michael won’t see the field much if he keeps fumbling. Michael fumbled on his first carry of the game a week after fumbling in the preseason opener against the Broncos. The Seahawks don’t tolerate turnovers.
Bob Condotta: Defensive end Cliff Avril, who has been a consistent standout throughout camp, and was spectacular against the Chargers, constantly using his quick step off the line to get into the San Diego backfield. Avril, who will be a free agent following the 2014 season, seems primed for a huge season.
Jerry Brewer: Right guard JR Sweezy, a college defensive lineman who converted to guard after the Seahawks drafted him in 2012, continues to improve. He had several pancake blocks, made difficult blocks at the second level of the defense and looked like the best offensive lineman on the field. He still has plenty to prove, especially against quality inside pass rushers, but he’s turning into a dependable player on a unit that needs more stability.
Larry Stone: In the battle for backup running back, Robert Turbin took a definite step forward. Not only did he rush 12 times for 81 yards, including a 47-yard romp, but Christine Michael fumbled on his first carry. He recovered, but that’s two fumbles in two weeks for Michael, which is a cardinal sin in Pete Carroll’s offense.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage