Seahawks 2-minute drill
Players of the game
• Seattle’s Russell Wilson was 21-for-27 passing for 224 yards and two touchdowns. He completed 16 consecutive passes and was not picked off for the first time this season in a road game.
• Running back Reggie Bush gained 87 yards on 14 carries, leading the Dolphins to 189 rushing yards, the second-most allowed by Seattle this season.
• Seattle’s Leon Washington returned a kickoff 98 yards for a touchdown, the eighth time he has scored on a kickoff return in his career, matching Cleveland’s Josh Cribbs for most in NFL history.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
Play of the game
The Seahawks held a seven-point lead six minutes into the fourth quarter, but Miami had the ball, first-and-goal at the Seattle 7. Rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill was picked off by linebacker Bobby Wagner, but the interception was negated by a roughing-the-passer penalty against Earl Thomas and Miami scored on the next play.
The Dolphins faced first-and-15 at their 39 with 46 seconds to go when Tannehill found Davone Bess being defended by Marcus Trufant. The pass to Bess gained 25 yards. It was the second time Tannehill went to Bess on that drive, and he was defended by Trufant both times.
• Seattle did not score in the first quarter, only the second time this season it has failed to do so.
• Marshawn Lynch had rushed for 100 yards in the past four games, matching the franchise record, but he finished with 46 yards on 19 carries Sunday, a season-low 2.4 yards per carry.
By the numbers
24 — Points, the total margin of defeat during Seattle’s five road defeats this season.
17 — Points Seattle allowed in the final nine minutes.
Seahawks — Left guard James Carpenter suffered a right leg injury in the first half, but returned in the second half. Carpenter was later replaced by John Moffitt, who finished.
“To look that sloppy? We haven’t done that one time all year, and that’s the first time we took a bye … It’s really disappointing because this was a really important football game.” — Seahawks coach Pete Carroll.
|Sept. 9||at Arizona||L, 20-16|
|Sept. 16||Dallas||W, 27-7|
|Sept. 24||Green Bay||W, 14-12|
|Sept. 30||at St. Louis||L, 19-13|
|Oct. 7||at Carolina||W, 16-12|
|Oct. 14||N. England||W, 24-23|
|Oct. 18||at San Fran.||L, 13-6|
|Oct. 28||at Detroit||L, 28-24|
|Nov. 4||Minnesota||W, 30-20|
|Nov. 11||N.Y. Jets||W, 28-7|
|Nov. 25||at Miami||L, 24-21|
|Dec. 2||at Chicago||10 a.m.|
|Dec. 9||Arizona||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 16||at Buffalo||1 p.m.|
|Dec. 23||S. Francisco||1:25 p.m.|
|Dec. 30||St. Louis||1:25 p.m.|
|All times subject to change|