Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito offered apologies to teammate Jonathan Martin, team owner Stephen Ross and investigator Ted Wells on Tuesday in the wake of the league-ordered report detailing a racially charged bullying scandal.
The report stated there was a “pattern of harassment” committed by Incognito and teammates John Jerry and Mike Pouncey that extended to two Dolphins linemen and an assistant trainer, all targets of vicious taunts and racist insults.
On his Twitter account, Incognito wrote, “I would like to send Jonathan my apologies as well. Until someone tells me different you are still my brother. No hard feelings :)”
Incognito, 30, also apologized to Wells and Ross, saying “this (stuff) got cray, cray.”
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
“There are no winners in the courts,” he wrote. “Just families left to deal with their decisions and pick up the pieces. You can’t free something.”
Incognito had closed his Twitter account for two days, but returned Monday night with a noticeably different tone, apologizing for “acting like a big baby.”
The 6-foot-3, 319-pound lineman said he wants to play football again.
Incognito’s contract with the Dolphins is about to expire, making him an unrestricted free agent who can sign with any team.
It is unclear if Incognito will face punishment from the NFL moving forward.
Incognito’s tweets have taken on a vastly different tone than they did less than a week ago when he went on a rant that quickly went viral, blasting Martin and Martin’s representative, Ken Zuckerman.
“The truth is going to bury you and your entire camp. You could have told the truth the entire time,” Incognito tweeted last week.
• Atlanta Falcons wide receiver Roddy White has been arrested on a warrant charging him with failing to appear in court in March after he was cited for driving a vehicle with tinted windows that were too dark. White, 32, was booked into jail in suburban Atlanta early Tuesday. He was initially stopped on suspicion of speeding and is free on bond.
Meanwhile, the Falcons cut Garrett Reynolds, 26, who had lost his starting job at right guard.
• DeAngelo Hall, 30, a three-time Pro Bowl cornerback, agreed to terms on a four-year contract with Washington reportedly worth $4 million to $5 million per year.
• Tony Gonzalez, a former All-Pro tight end, has been hired by CBS. Network officials announced Dan Marino and Shannon Sharpe will not return to their analyst roles on “The NFL Today” pregame show.
Of Gonzalez, CBS sports chairman Sean McManus said, “He’s the closest thing to a sure bet that I’ve seen in a long time. You can’t teach … likability. Tony is a very likable individual.”