Jacob Green played 12 seasons for the Seahawks and became one of the team’s legendary defensive players.
He starred at Texas A&M and was a first-team All-America selection as a senior and finished his career as one of the school’s all time greats. He still ranks at or near the top of several season and career stats, including sacks and fumbles caused.
During his Seahawks career, he recorded a team-record 97.5 sacks, which was good for No. 3 on the NFL’s all-time sack list behind Reggie White and Lawrence Taylor at the time of his retirement. He joined the franchise’s Ring of Honor in 1995.
Green talked about the current Seahawks defense, his playing days in Seattle and more during a live chat Jan. 10 on seattletimes.com.
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- The story of one homeless girl, Brittany, who was failed time and again
- India draws tech dreamers back home
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney