Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested again for violating his probation, according to a new report. He was previously arrested in March for marijuana possession and public intoxication following a car crash in Dallas. This latest arrest stems from the same incident.
Seahawks quarterback Trevone Boykin was arrested on Thursday afternoon, according to a report from TMZ. This latest arrest stems from a previous incident in March.
At the time of that arrest, Boykin was still on probation; he had previously pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge of resisting arrest in December 2015. And on Thursday, he was arrested for violating his probation.
According to TMZ, Boykin was taken into custody on Thursday afternoon and released on $2,500 bond. His arraignment has been set for May 3.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Texas football player’s story prompts probe of Garfield High School recruitment
- Seattle area home-price hikes lead the U.S. again; even century-old homes commanding top dollar
- Judge blocks Trump threat to withhold 'sanctuary city' funds VIEW
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
The Seahawks referred to their previous statement on the arrest last month in which they said, “we are aware of the situation, still gathering information and disappointed.”
At the NFL league meetings last month, Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said of Boykin’s future with team, “We’re just waiting on finding out what all took place and that.”
Boykin was Russell Wilson’s backup last season as a rookie after signing with the team as an undrafted free agent. Boykin played in five games last season.