Thursday at the Combine
The circus known as the NFL Combine started, which means football is back on the national radar for a few days. Many of the league’s coaches and executives met with the media as well as kickers, offensive linemen and tight ends.
Quote of the day
“I have a belt on, yes. It was the day before the Super Bowl. It wasn’t after the Super Bowl. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit. Things got out of hand. They all have to take pictures now. It was a moment of weakness and I would not … well, I’d probably do it again but there would be guidelines for everybody. My mom had to see that.”
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
- Rules preserving city views set up clash among towers competing to be first, biggest
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks general manager John Schneider, when asked about the picture that surfaced post-Super Bowl of him wearing a WWE-style belt, shirtless.
Pretty easy to go with Jim Harbaugh’s eccentric news conference here. It was more of a you-had-to-be-there kind of thing, but the 49ers coach did characterize both a person and a thing as “A-plus-plus.”
Players to watch
Tight ends: Colt Lyerla. The former Oregon tight end faced a stream of questions about his guilty plea for cocaine possession. (He left Oregon’s program in October.) How will that red flag affect his draft status?
Offensive linemen: The Seahawks might be looking for additional help at guard. James Carpenter and Paul McQuistan (now a free agent) struggled much of the year in a rotation at left guard.
More of the league’s coaches and general managers will meet with the media. Quarterbacks, wide receivers and running backs will all meet with the media. Get ready to hear your fill of Johnny Manziel talk.
Jayson Jenks, The Seattle Times