EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Unless they meet again in the postseason, this was the last Manning Bowl.
No less an authority than Peyton Manning says so, and why not: Peyton is 3-0 against younger brother Eli in regular-season games after Denver’s 41-23 rout Sunday of the New York Giants.
“I think both of us are glad that it’s over with,” Peyton said after throwing for two touchdowns and 307 yards.
“Postseason is one thing, but I don’t think I’ll make it to the next regular season (meeting, in four years). I think this’ll be the end of it. So I’ll be happy about that. And the family will.”
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
Eli has won two Super Bowl titles, Peyton one.
“For me, it’s a strange feeling,” Peyton said. “It’s not quite as enjoyable as if you beat somebody else.”
• Bill Parcells was given his Pro Football Hall of Fame ring at halftime of the Broncos-Giants game. Wearing his gold Hall of Fame jacket and with his Canton-bound bronze bust in front of him, the 72-year-old Parcells said it has been “a great life for me in the NFL.”
“At my age, I have a little more sensitivity and appreciation for the history of the game,” Parcells said.
• Led by a new quarterback in Alex Smith and a new coach in Andy Reid, the Kansas City Chiefs so far have looked nothing like the team that had the worst record in the NFL last season. The all-red outfits they donned for the first time Sunday drove home the point.
Playing nearly mistake-free for the second straight week, Smith threw for 223 yards and two touchdowns in a 17-16 victory against Dallas.
“When you’re trying to build something, you need to win games like this,” said Smith, who also had a game-high 57 yards rushing. “These are the games you look at in November and December. You need these types of wins, not only the caliber of the win but the style of win.
“ It’s not always going to be pretty, but you have to find a way to bear down.”