VON MILLER: The reshaping of the Denver star’s image is well under way.
After a rough 2013 season that began with a six-game drug suspension and ended with a blown out knee in December, the Denver Broncos pass-rusher showed up for his foundation’s inaugural event at Sports Authority Field Monday night 20 pounds lighter and with a rediscovered smile.
In between posing with kids for selfie photos on their cellphones, Miller helped hand out prescription glasses to 104 underprivileged children.
“I can’t even put into words how it makes me feel, especially through all the stuff that’s been going on and still be able to do stuff for the community and do some positive, it’s great,” Miller said. The glasses provided by his Von’s Vision foundation for the kids ages 6-13 “could be a game-changer in the classroom,” Miller said.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Washington officer shoots men accused of earlier beer theft
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Queen Anne apartments -- at half the usual cost
- Bing no longer a search-engine blip
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press