VON MILLER: The reshaping of the Denver star’s image is well under way.
After a rough 2013 season that began with a six-game drug suspension and ended with a blown out knee in December, the Denver Broncos pass-rusher showed up for his foundation’s inaugural event at Sports Authority Field Monday night 20 pounds lighter and with a rediscovered smile.
In between posing with kids for selfie photos on their cellphones, Miller helped hand out prescription glasses to 104 underprivileged children.
“I can’t even put into words how it makes me feel, especially through all the stuff that’s been going on and still be able to do stuff for the community and do some positive, it’s great,” Miller said. The glasses provided by his Von’s Vision foundation for the kids ages 6-13 “could be a game-changer in the classroom,” Miller said.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's
Most Read Stories
The Associated Press